Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Tiny journal with hand made paper

 









4" x 3" journal

One of my daughters gave me a paper making mold for Christmas and I used it today to make this tiny journal. I am so pleased how it came out! The mold makes 6" x 4" paper. I used scraps of very old paper that I have trouble throwing away...lol. Nothing goes to waste when it comes to old paper. I throw it in a bin and when there is enough, I make paper. 

Folded in half this makes the this tiny journal 4" high and 3" wide.  The paper is surprisingly strong, yet delicate. The thickest paper I used for the cover. I machine stitched them together. I added the dragonfly in the middle of the journal. I have a wonderful die that makes this add-in. I think it is spectacular! The cover butterfly and the dragonfly are both made of vellum.  

All in all, very satisfying...

Happy Crafting! 


No comments: