Friday, June 15, 2007

I am my mother afterall...



Well, it's true you know...

I just laughed when I saw this little saying somewhere and HAD to make an ATC collage out of it. The "melodic little laugh" is my mom up in heaven having a good chuckle about it. I can just see her!

Depending on your point of view, becoming our mother can be a very good thing or a very bad thing! For me- it's a little of both! There are things about my mom that drove me nuts, and there are things about my mom that I just loved.

Things that drove me nuts...her inability to remember a birthday, mumbling so I could not hear what she was saying, her complete exaggeration of a story to the point of ridiculousness...

Things I loved about my mom...sense of style, her brains, her 'don't fence me in' attitude, her collection of dust, feathers, rocks and friends, her cooking...

I remember as a young mother when I would scold my kids, I had this sense of my mother just over my shoulder saying the EXACT same thing to me as a child..."don't holler like a banshee!" was one of her favorites- and the day I really, really knew I became my mother was when I uttered those very words to my children...

...it's unavoidable you know...it's coded in our DNA, there is no getting around it...we become our mothers...

and by the way- I was an adult when I finally looked up the word and learned about a banshee!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful visit with you Mom...

Your sister, Marie