Thursday, April 10, 2008

National Art Show



My cousin's daughter (my second cousin), won a Scholastic Art award. The family flew in from Atlanta for her to receive the award at Carnegie Hall! I went into NYC and met up with them for a visit. We had a great day, walked for a looooog way and had fun riding the subway. Sara was a sophomore in High School when she won this award! Below is her winning photo:



"The Unbearable Lightness of Being"

Sara Dowdle, Gold Award




Here is a dress I found amazing!! The entire dress is made of pencils!




Pencil Dress

Lisa Pors,Gold Award

(I do not know this young artist. She is 17 years old!)

This art competition is a national competition. Only a few from each state wins. What a terrific accomplishment and what amazing art I had the honor and pleasure to see! You can view more winning and amazing art here.

No comments: