Saturday, April 19, 2008

Down South - Atlanta


I spent the last week down south. Coming from NY, it was a real treat to have everything GREEN and in bloom- warm and sunny- just beautiful!

I flew into Atlanta to my sisters. We didn't do too much sightseeing in Atlanta - my cousins came over for a visit and dinner. All of my cousins on my dad's side all live in Georgia, most near Atlanta. It was great to see them again.
We did go out for lunch the next day to a really neat cafe called the OK Cafe. It was eclectic and full of very cool art. (I didn't take inside pictures, as I didn't have permission.) The name of the cafe comes from the book "To Kill a Mockingbird" where there is an OK Cafe. (I'll have to re-read the book-I didn't remember that!) I had a delicious turkey, avocado, sprouts, club sandwich...yum...
Out side of the Cafe is a metal angel - he (looks male to me!) looks to be made from cutting the metal with a welding torch- it is very large- about 20' high. Metal Angel is very cool!
We stayed in Atlanta for 2 days and then we drove to Asheville, NC... (more to come)

The OK Cafe, Atlanta

Metal Angel outside of the OK Cafe

No comments: