Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Soon's Farm watercolor painting

Last week my husband and I went to a local farm, Soons Orchards. They have wonderful produce- even in the winter time. While there I took a few pictures of some of the produce in the big bins- here is a resulting watercolor from one of the pictures. I've included the steps from beginning to finished painting.


Soons Onions, 4" x 6", watercolor

(click to see larger image)

almost finished! just need to paint the large bags of onions.

lay down of initial washes and frisket


This is my sketch I transferred onto the watercolor paper.

4 comments:

Robin said...

really lovely, eBeth

Anonymous said...

Bravo!

NANCY LEFKO said...

I just LOVE your watercolor work.....oh my !!!!

Unknown said...

this is amazing work...I love that you are inspired by everyday things and places in your life....what fun...I know when I go anywhere I look around and take note of things that may be woven into my art...

great work!!

Cheers,
Diana