Thursday, August 7, 2008

Imagine the possibilities!






click to enlarge to read these


Two years ago I received a dozen old library catalog cards from the University of Iowa. Some artistic soul there saw the possibilities...they were posted online - free for the asking - I sent in a SASE and a few months later I received my cards in the mail. I used 4 of the cards to make an altered book I named "Pretty Little Things".

These are the cards we all used to thumb through before card catalogs were computerized. Most libraries just threw them out. Yesterday I was lucky enough to find a stack of old library cards. They are amazing! The words on them - they stir the imagination!

Here are just a few of the cards I found yesterday - I can see them used as backgrounds for collages or for more altered books, ATCs, etc. - they each tell a story, or part of a story. Very cool!
...now if I could just get my hands on an old card catalog that held the cards!


1 comment:

NANCY LEFKO said...

what a great find and a gorgeous "pretty little book."