Friday, August 28, 2009

little rabbit painting/collage/image transfer

Little Rabbit

I am not sure what it is that I like about this piece. I painted this awhile back. It's an acrylic painted on a page from a vintage child's reader. I also collaged the entire page onto thick paper to add some heft to it. The butterfly is a transfer.
It appeals to me and I am not quite sure. Maybe it is because it is a bit whimsical? Part fantasy - there really would not be a rabbit so small as to fit beneath a mushroom. I like whimsy. I like magical things. Wouldn't it be just wonderful to actually FIND a tiny rabbit like this?
I am not sure what to do with this piece. I have the original for sale in my etsy shop. If anyone has any ideas as to what might be a good use for this painting, I am all ears!! I would welcome any ideas as to what in the world to do with a collage/painting of a tiny rabbit under a mushroom!