Thursday, February 11, 2010

Painting Heart Cookies

for my Valentine
watercolor on 140# hot press paper
4" x 6"


I wanted to make a card for my valentine, so I painted this. Just as I was finishing the painting, he walked into my studio to see what I was up to...ah well...I told him to act surprised when he opens the card!

I thought it would be fun to paint the powdered sugar and to make the raspberry jelly look like jelly - the way it glistens. I am having way too much fun painting sweet treats!

Of course he asked if I was planning on baking these little beauties...sorry, just painting them!

Prints of this watercolor painting are available in my etsy shop with free shipping.

1 comment:

panoramic photo stitching said...

Love this painting heart cookies!!!
Thanks!!!

Regards,
360 degree photo stitching