Tuesday, March 23, 2010

a little bit of this and a little bit of that...

"create", mixed media
4" x 4" SOLD


I love this little piece. I collaged painted vintage papers onto the base. Then I painted the leaves and flowers using acrylic paint. Added some sparkle to the butterfly. The sun is also paper collaged onto the piece. Then I stamped the word CREATE into brass and edged it with copper tape. The dangles are all glass vintage beads.

Speaking of acrylic paint. I just read about Golden's new product- OPEN ACRYLICS. WOW!! I can't wait to try them. They are slow drying acrylic paints- they actually stay wet for 4 days...this is an acrylic revolution!
I ordered an into sample set last night form Dick Blick along with a smaller size of OPEN MEDIUM...if this works the way I am hoping it does, it may very well become my paint of choice...not that I could really ever give up watercolors. The one drawback I find with watercolors is that I am sort of confined to painting on watercolor paper. With these acrylics, I can paint on any paper...which is huge for me...I have ideas is my head that may well be realized with this new paint... can't wait for them to arrive!


No comments: