Thursday, March 18, 2010

the smell of Spring...

Spring Crocus
4" x 6" watercolor
SOLD



Spring...it's in the air. That muddy, sunny, wispy smell of Spring...

I am so over winter! Outside of my door still stands a huge 5 foot melting snow mountain. It's that confused time of year and month; one day it's winter and one day it's spring. Mother nature vacillates between the two all during March here in NY. But Spring is coming and that's a good thing, to borrow from Martha.

Crocus, the harbinger of Spring. Hardy and small, the first flower of Spring.

2 comments:

Shona Cole said...

I so love spring! your watercolor is lovely.
I added you to the collage-making directory :) thank you for being a part of the community.

Shona Cole
http://collage-making.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love crocus! They were all over GMU's campus a couple of weeks ago. They are so pretty! Beautiful watercolor