Wednesday, May 26, 2010

making a new art journal


journal cover

close up of charm on journal that I also made

serendipity- see "THE MUSE" in one of the flowers?

How cool is that? (click to enlarge)


Not only do I love to keep art journals, I also love making them. I have the Zutter binding system, so I can create any size or shape and a variety of papers. This will be either the front of the back of the journal- not sure which yet...it evolves and changes as I make them. I've sold many of these on eBay and plan on offering them at my etsy shop soon. I usually include original artwork with in the journal- included as a page- just for fun.

I keep several art journals- each has a distinct purpose. One for quotes I find along the way, one for ideas, one that is a 'typical' art journal with pages of ongoing art making. One for watercolors...you get the idea...

No comments: