Saturday, October 2, 2010

Illustration Friday - BENEATH


Beneath the Deep Blue Sea
watercolor on Bristol
Today I had the day to myself as my hubby went to a Met's game with some friends. I took a long hot bath, took myself out to lunch and then I spent the rest of the day painting...an all around great 'alone' day. I've been in the mood to paint an underwater scene and had even printed out some reference photos for a painting...and then I saw that IF word for the week is "BENEATH" and it was just perfect. So that's what I painted today. just for fun. and that's the best kind of art making for me! I love painting on Bristol board- the paints sort of sits on top of the paper and it makes interesting blending.

2 comments:

kat hannah said...

This is lovely - beneath the sea. Seahorses are my favorites.

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Nemo! Very nice.