Friday, January 7, 2011

Studio Tour

I love looking at other art studios. And since fair is fair, here are some pictures of my messy studio. I didn't clean it up for these photos. Just keepin' it real...

As you can see, I love to collect pretty little things...

These are fantastic- they are rubber stamp cabinets.

Here are the rubber stamp cabinets open.
I keep more than just rubber in these. I have two and I could use two more...

This is a table I keep in the middle of the room. It's sort of a secondary table. I use it for watercolor and now pastel painting. I also have room for a second person at this table. Under the table is a sewing machine, old books (old books are EVERYWHERE in my studio) and boxes that contain my collection of antique German doll parts.


This is a old CD storage unit that is perfect to store ink refills and pads.

Flotsam and jetsam...I collect all kinds of things for collage and assemblage. I have three type drawers on the walls to house it all...it's a bear to dust, but I do like things out where I can see them or I completely forget about them.

This is the main desk, where I do most of my work. Collage, and art journal work. You can see more of the ridiculous amount of old books I have under this table. I really do use these books. I rip pages out of them for collage. It's a mess, but it keep me happy! Above the desk are works from various artists that I've purchased on etsy and ebay and some of my own work. It's all for inspiration.


A tinnie I made for my brushes. Another one for scissors.

4 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

WOW. I'm in a complete awe of your studio!! I love the storage pieces you've found! Everything seems like it has a place! I HAVE to show this to my Mom!

<3 Melanie =)

Unknown said...

It's great to see someone else's studio/art room that reflects the love of collecting materials as mine does. I agree that it's necessary to keep things visable so that you remember what you have. I have some secondary storage in the basement and it's almost like visiting a flea market when I start rooting around in there. I find things I wish I had known I had when I was working on projects.... Alas, collecting art materials is a disease, but it's what makes our kind of mixed media art fun, exciting and inventive.

Diane said...

I am the same way--I love finding treasures that I'm so sure that I'll use someday. I could stay in your studio and never come out--a wonderful haven!

Kelly McIntyre said...

I am always dazed when I think back to that first Stampin' Up party. I love your studio! It's a great place to play, dream and create!