Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dream Big

Dream Big

8" x 10" mixed media collage

I've always admired Kelly Rea Roberts and if you go back to Issue # 15 of Cloth Paper Scissors, (Nov/Dec 2007), on page 72 she has an article about how she makes her collages. So I made this with a nod to Kelly- very much in her style. I am pleased at how it came out. I learned a great technique from the article...one she learned from someone else...and that's how we all learn. Now I want to take her article and make more of this kind of art, but with my own spin on it.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

That's the beauty of being inspired by how others work...putting your own spin on it! I love this piece!!

Robin said...

Beautiful piece! I think by sharing techniques and then putting our own selves into it is what makes new, original, one of a kind art! You did a great job!

Diane said...

I agree with Rasz--we take snippets from techniques that we learn, and create our own unique technique and style. I'm so glad that there is a Kelly Rea.
(great quote too)

Jingle said...

I love her work, too! And you did such a great job with this collage and totally made it your own!