Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I am learning a lot





This is my second paper clay doll. She is a mermaid. (hard to see as I have her hanging on a stand that is also a blue body built into it)


She is not too pretty, but I did learn a lot making her. I like how her lower body and arms turned out. Her face...well, not so much! She is too severe, and not feminine looking. I think I need to make lots of faces and work on getting them to look pretty and feminine. Also- I think she needs eyelashes and maybe even eye makeup; her eyes are too light. And her hands- I need more practice with hands. I used a wigging technique that I've used once before. I think I'll try a different way next time. I am not happy with the results I am getting with this way.


Doll making is a real learning experience for me and I am loving it! I'll get better with each one. My first was very basic. This one was a little more involved with her arms.



2 comments:

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

I absolutely.....OUT OF THIS WORLD....LOVE YOUR NEW DOLL!!!! YAYAAAAY!!!! I LOVE HER LITTLE SERIOUS FACE.....HER COLORS...HER HAIR....MAYBE YOU BETTER REINVENT YOURSELF....ALL THINGS PAPER...WITH A BIT OF PAPERCLAY!!!!

Rhissanna said...

Wow, this is only your second doll. You do know she is amazing, right? She's just amazing. I love the colours and I think her rather severe expression is rather sweet.

Keep at it. You're clearly going to do great things.