Friday, June 15, 2012

watercolor painting

This is a watercolor painting I painted a few years ago. My friend Peggy went to Italy. Before she left I asked her to send me pictures of things I might like- how well she knows me- she sent this photo of hanging laundry- and I loved it! All her photos came to me from her phone camera. I did take some artistic license as there was an electrical pole on the left that I deleted.

What I loved about this- was the story being told- a couple lives here. You can see two sets of clothes- one a smaller female and the other a larger male. It made me wonder about the couple- who are they? What do they do? How old are they? 


I am LOVING my new craft table. I bought it online from HomeDecorators.com and it arrived in a HUGE box. I had to assemble it. It went together easily and WOW- what a difference- a table that is Strong and flat!! My old table was bowing in the middle and nothing stayed on it- pearls would roll off, as did pencils, exacto knives etc...and I just had to replace the table. I am so happy with the quality of this table- all hardwood- no particle board. There are 2 large drawers where all my everyday tools stay and they are so easy to get to now.  The boxes underneath- those are old books for collage - I collect vintage books and use the pages in my collage- I believe I have enough to last me forever...but then I'll see this amazing children's book and of course I buy it...it never ends...

2 comments:

jgr said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I was blogging around and I found yours-I love the painting, especially all the texture! Also congrats on your new table, I have a few items from HomeDecorators too and they are good quality for the price. I'm going now to check out the rest of your blog.

Unknown said...

Lovely colors and good composition!and your table arrangement is also good.

Watercolor Painting