Friday, November 30, 2012

Pierrot or Peridot ??

I am reposting this, because I completely changed it- I wasn't happy with my first go-round...

Last year I started drawing faces and trying to incorporate them into collages ala Ann Bagby...this is my second attempt. I drew the face first. (yes, I know the lips are crooked, sort of like that imperfection). Then I scanned my drawing and resized it and then printed it out. I then made the background in my art journal (love the Strathmore Mixed Media journal books- they take lots of abuse!!) 

When I went to stamp the clowns name, I found two spellings. Now, if it were 1 pm instead of 1 am, I might of picked what I believe to be the correct spelling: Pierrot, but at 1am in the morning, after a day watching my 11 month old granddaughter, Peridot looked just fine...ah well...

The diamonds and head are collaged. the rest is acrylic painting and stamping. size is about 5x8.

No comments: