Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pretty birthday card

Sometimes it's good to get back to basics. A card is a basic in my book and I do enjoy making them. With all my ridiculously insane amount of craft/stamp supplies, I feel like a real slug when I buy a card instead of making one. Anyone else feel that way?  

Anyway, I made this one today for my granddaughter who is turning 14 today. Much more 'grown up' then my past cards I've made for her. But she is starting high school (how the heck did THAT happen?!?) in the fall, so no more kiddie cards for her!

full card
close up

The supplies I used are a mish-mosh of items. The card stock is a retired Stampin' Up color.  I used the Tim Holtz sun ray stamp with milled lavander distress ink. Flowers are the Martha Sterwart hydrangea punch. I added tiny glass diamonds to each one. The heart is a Martha punch too. The large purple flower is a Fiskar punch. The happy birthday banner is Stampin' Up die and stamp set I just received yesterday. 

1 comment:

Elaine A said...

She is going to love this Elizabeth! It is beautiful! And yes I'm guilty about buying greeting cards when I have everything to make them. The problem is it can take me two or three hours to make one card because I hem and haw about what want to do - lol!

Elaine