Monday, December 19, 2016

Handmade birthday card

This card combines some of my favorites - butterflies, grunge and bokeh. Bokeh is that fuzzy out of focus lights in photographs. This stamp is an retired Stampin Up set that I think it is called Winged Beauty, but don't quote me on that. Its one of the first stamp sets I ever bought and I love today as much as when i first bought it.  I found a tutorial at SplitCoastStampers that shows this with a butterfly added on top of the stamped butterfly. I din't add the butterfly cut out on my card.

I used Distress Vintage Photo for the butterfly and then painted it with a wet paint brush to grunge it up a bit. Then I added blue around the body. The dots / bokeh are differnt blue markers and inks. I am pleased how it turned out. I made several more, in blues and pinks. I also glittered up some of the buttflies and added crystals to others. I needed one birthday card and I ended up making seven cards, as I was having fun experimenting with different looks.  Happy crafting!

No comments: