Monday, February 20, 2017

Fantasy Magnollias

Using the # Altenew stamp and die set "Magnolias", I made this card. The flower I stamped using a light color distress ink. I used the distress ink so that it would react with water when I painted the stamped image with watercolors. I used reds, oranges and browns for the flower. That way, there is no line of the flower stamp. 

Magnolias don't really appear in this color, but isn't that part of the fun- paint a magical fantasy color flower? The paper- I LOVE the background paper! It's from Stampin' Up, one of their designer papers. First I stamped the flower on 140# watercolor paper. Then I painted it and die cut it out. I also stamped and die cut the leaves. The stem I just drew, painted and fussy cut. The flower needed a little pop so I added a strip of washi tape and that did the trick. I picked up the orange in the designer paper with the orange cardstock. The "Thank You" is embossed white on vellum paper.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: