Saturday, August 3, 2019

Inspired by Jennifer McGuire




I love watching YouTube crafting videos. I recently watched one of Jennifer McGuire's video where she stacked several die-cuts to make a dimensional embellishment. I loved the idea but didn't have a die that would really work. So I used my trusty Cricut machine and found a great image. I cut it out 5x and stacked them. I wanted a very dimensional piece. I then stamped the background with Distress Green Shutters ink. The background is a very old, retired Stampin' Up stamp, no longer available. But it is still a favorite of mine.  The oval is part of Heartfelt Collections oval big die set.

The sentiment is from a bargain bin from JoAnns and I don't know the name of the set. It's a bargain because the stamps barely work. I had to draw in areas that just refused to stamp- I tried, sanding and inking the stamp and it just refused. The old saying surely applies- you get what you pay for, in this instance. 

No comments: