Sunday, July 26, 2020

Purple is my new love

Why am I so obsessed with purple of late? I just can't seem to get enough of this color. For years it was blue. Now it seems to be purple. 

Anyway- this card was made with a kit I bought from Indigo Blu. It is a magazine full of ideas and has stamps, a bee die, a stencil and an embossing folder. The magazine also had a ton of paper to cut out of the magazine. All in blues and purples with yellows thrown in- very nice and a great deal for the money!  I used two the their stamps in this card. The wonderful butterfly/pencil and the word CREATE. The image behind the butterfly/pencil is a crockery label I grunged up and the flourish is from Crafters Companion, another company I love.  The background paper is this beautiful paper from 49th and Market called Vintage Artistry.  I stamped the CREATE onto washi tape. I also used purple glittler on the butterfly/pencil but the camera doesn't pick it up. The flourish is  glittered and embossed with a purple and a white embossing powder.  I am pleased with the over look.

I love pulling different items together to create a design. That's part of the reason I love making cards- the designing of them intrigues me.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: