Sunday, November 4, 2007

2nd place!



Last night was the opening reception at Bertoni Gallery for a showing of small works running until January. It is a juried show and had a great turnout! The place was packed- I could not even turn around in the main gallery room! Awards were given out and I was thrilled to learn that one of my entered pieces took 2nd place! To say I was surprised is an understatement! As I went up to receive my ribbon and award, I could hear my 7 year old granddaughter clapping saying "Grandma won, Grandma won!" How sweet is that? Afterwards, my also sweet husband said he KNEW I was going to win. He said he just had a feeling...what a gift to have such family support...it means so much to me! My oldest daughter Sue and her boyfriend Dan were also there.


The piece that won is called "Unctuous Nature". It is a collage I did using Jonathan Talbot's technique of non-liquid adhesive collage making. I love his process and have made several collages using his innovative technique.

unc·tu·ous: ADJECTIVE:
Characterized by affected, exaggerated, or insincere earnestness: "the unctuous, complacent court composer who is consumed with envy and self-loathing" (Rhoda Koenig).
Having the quality or characteristics of oil or ointment; slippery.
Containing or composed of oil or fat.
Abundant in organic materials; soft and rich: unctuous soil.

1 comment:

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

elizabeth parsons...my daughter's name...so glad to meet you...your art is wonderful...i will be back to spend some time browsing...blessings, rebecca