Sunday, March 2, 2008

painting feels good


I finished a small painting today. It felt SO GOOD to paint again. I've been in an artistic dry spell. It felt so good to put paint to paper.


For my birthday, my sweet husband gave me two #6 Kolinsky Sable watercolor brushes and 2 Arches watercolor blocks of paper - what perfect gifts! The brushes are amazing. I've never had a Kolinsky Sable brush- I've always wanted one, but just could not give my self permission to spend that much money on a paintbrush- they are expensive! When charged with paint, they paint and paint because sable is very absorbant. I use almost all synthentic brushes - Robert Simmons White Sable brushes- and I love them too.


I also did some drawing today, I just sat and started...and soon I was taken away...love that!






No comments: