Monday, March 10, 2008

Photos of a dragonfly

close up of a dragon fly wing (click to see even closer!)

up close of dragon fly body


the whole enchilada (click to see awesome closeup!)

Today I spent some time with a good friend of mine. She and I 'get' each other. We had lunch together and then we went over to her house because she wanted to show me some art projects and recent photos she took up in Maine.


While ohh and ahhing over some great art and old wood type she found at a flea market, some how we got on the subject of insects...which then led us to look at her collection of dead bugs. And dead crabs. And dead bees. And dead sea creatures. They were so cool! She is lucky enough to have 2 small boys who go hunting for bugs, bones and rusty metal things for her - love that!


So we got out our cameras (I've learned to ALWAYS carry my digital camera) and I took a whole bunch of very 'up close and personal' pictures of bugs. Here I've posted a few of a dragon fly.


She commented that most people don't' get it - how cool dead bugs are. But I do get it for sure!

2 comments:

&rew said...

Hey, I do get it! I saw loads of insects and bugs at the American Museum of Natural History - in the storage areas not open to the public. Really cool collections!

bluerose said...

I love dragonflies! And I enjoyed your previous post for Garden, also.