Monday, November 3, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees


bee collage


My girlfriend and I went to "The Secret Life of Bees" yesterday.
Go see it.
Go see it with a girlfriend.


We both read the book by Sue Monk Kidd, and both agree that the movie adaptation was excellent. We cried...I mean really cried...the kind of crying that embarrasses my children...the kind of crying where I vacillate between sobbing and hysterical laughter...we both did...thank goodness there were not many people in the theatre...

and read the book if you get the chance...

...and have a good cry.


1 comment:

NANCY LEFKO said...

I love this bee collage of yours.

My son had to read that book as a freshman in HS and it just didn't do it for him....chick book, I guess? I didn't even know it was in the theaters.

I love your stamping story....I must say I do have my eye on my oldest boy's room....not that I'm rushing things or anything...I still love having him here :) But I can relate :)