Monday, July 6, 2009

relax...reflect...renew...




4" x 5" acrylic on watercolor paper with stamping

Isn't this what vacation is all about?

Last week I went to Boston and Gloucester with my sisters. In Gloucester we went to the artist colony on Rocky Neck. One of the artists there is Sigrid Olsen. Her work is calm yet colorful. I made these small works yesterday รก la Sigrid Olsen.

I carved some simple stamps to use with the painting. I am making more today- using watercolors instead of acrylics and even more with collaged papers in them. Time to experiment and play!

2 comments:

Kelly McIntyre said...

I feel soothed just looking at them! Thanks for a moment of beauty.

Marie said...

Sure enjoy the trip sis... and your pictures are wonderful, as usual!!! You captured her style and added your own....

Hugs!