Tuesday, July 7, 2009

blue everywhere and time to play...

play and find you way,
mixed media

I love the creative process.
Yesterday I sat down to make more beachy blue images like my last post. I previously prepared four pieces of watercolor paper by adding vintage ephemera onto the paper.

I veered off the path; it's hard for me not to veer. I decided to paint the bluebird on the blue paper and it just evolved from there. It became a personal statement that I will add to my art journal. I used a new mask I purchased; Tim Holtz mask of the map compass thingy (what are they called?). The bird is a blue bird and it seemed to fit into my blue theme.

I painted the bird with acrylics and the rest is watercolor. ART is painted with a shimmery blue (H20 Twinklers). Then I stamped over it all and did the mask using dye ink pad. One thing I noticed as I was working. Most of my products are Ranger products (except the watercolors-I use Winsor and Newton). Ranger makes a vast assortment of art and craft products. I don't have any affiliation with them, just an observation!

No comments: