Tuesday, July 20, 2010

and you think YOU have problems...

Mr. Capon's insomnia
acrylic on collage
(click to enlarge)


I couldn't resist...I was thumbing through a book for text that tells a story for this weeks Illustration Friday's word: BREAKFAST.

This is what I came up with...when I read this sentence the image flew into my head and here you have it...I made the collage background and then painted Mr. Capon with acrylic paint on top.

Poor guy - he looks worried for sure...and tired from lack of sleep. I suppose it's a stretch to think of poultry for breakfast, but then there's always chicken hash...

6 comments:

Laia Jufresa said...

haha! not to mention all his unborn childs you are eaten as breakfast eggs!

dosankodebbie said...

Love the combination of words and image! It is in the spirit of etegami, which is what I do.

k.h.whitaker said...

beautiful

resa said...

Oh, I love this. He's just so expressive- poor Mr. Capon!

Jingle said...

I love it! So original and he is fabulously painted!

Robin said...

Love the color and composition! Great work! :) robinbirdpix.blogspot.com