Thursday, March 1, 2012

doll progress








I've been taking a doll class with Lillian Alberti, a basic beginner's class and sadly, it's coming to an end this Saturday. Last week she showed us how she dresses her dolls using draping and basic patterns. That is what I've been working on all week: bloomers, an underskirt, over skirt, a blouse and finally, a simple corset. I decided to add some beading to my corset to dress it up. My doll is a queen, so I want to add sparkle to her. Her corset seemed to cry out for some beading...I've never really done any beading, so my first 4 attempts were ripped out with much snarling and swearing under my breath...


I kept at it and have now what I think is an acceptable row of beading that will go around the edge of her corset. I am not sure what else I'll do, but I'll keep going. Of course I didn't have the right kind of beading thread and so my sweet husband drove me to Michael's in the sleet/freezing rain last night so I cold get some. And I was up til 2:30 beading, or should I say RIPPING out beading! I want to make fancy drop thingies out of beads. I can see it in my minds eye but I don't know what or how to make them. It's an adventure!


This Saturday we will add hair and a hat- I'll make her a crown- Lillian is teaching a hat, but my queen shall have her crown. :)

1 comment:

Elaine A said...

Hi Elizabeth -

She is really turning out wonderfully. I can't believe how much you've done since Saturday's class. Love the beading, I thinkg its a great touch. I'm still working on my rabbit. I'm not a fast worker with this doll making, so hoping I will have something accomplished by Saturday - LOL!
See you there.

Elaine Allen


P.S. Can't believe you went to Michaels yesterday - your husband is an angel!