Sunday, March 4, 2012

pretty little things












I love pretty little things. I am a magpie, loving glittery, pretty little things.

Enter seed beads. Shiny, little, pretty...perfect! For my current doll, who happens to be a queen, I wire beaded together a crown. I used an old copper bangle sized to fit M'lady's head. I then used seed beads, wire, pearls and bi cones (I think that is what they are called- read: bead newbie here) and wired it all together. I am pleased with the outcome. Not sure if I used "correct" beading technique. I used 'fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants' beading technique and it seemed to work.

2 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Elizabeth -

I really love how your doll is turning out. When I saw her is class, I was so impressed with the beading you've added. And her crown, whoa! Really fit for your queen! Your choice of fabrics, colors and embellishments are spot on.
Oh, bicones are crystal beads that look as if you took 2 ice cream cones and put the flat ends together. See you on the 24th.

Elaine

Heather Elizabeth Brauner said...

Elizabeth ..FANTASTIC !!! love how the Queen is comming along .