Wednesday, March 28, 2012

flowers = springtime

I did a HUGE purge in my studio recently and made a pile of STUFF and gave it all away to my local high school art department. They were happy with the donation and I was happy with the room! I had to get rid of something before I could bring anything else into my over stuffed studio.
So now that I had the room, I bought a die cutter and have been adding to my tiny collection of dies. Being new to me- I fell in love with Tim Holtz's tattered flowers die. I've been experimenting making flowers. Most of you have probably moved on from this die onto newer things- but it's new to me and I love it!



I used cheese cloth and cut them out and layered with paper.

same cheese cloth but I used glimmer mist on this one.
in process- today I will use these- I added distress inks-
frayed lipstick and vintage photo to them to grunge them up a bit.
finished flower 1
finished flower 2
I LOVE this flower!

No comments: