Friday, March 23, 2012

Wise old Queen

Last time I posted about my Wise Old Queen Doll, she was bald:

She now has hair. I wigged her using Tibetan lambs wool that my friend Colleen gave me. It was from her stash of raw wool that she washed 1,000 times after she purchased it. I am very happy how she turned out! This doll was taught to me by Lillian Alberti. If you ever get a chance, take one of her classes! She is a wonderful teacher, artist and person!

Wise Queen is 95% complete. I am thinking she needs a small pair of earrings and matching necklace and I still need to paint her arms, which are still the raw muslin material. I also made a tag that will hang from her belt with a key. The tag is sort of her Title...telling her story. She is an old queen, wise and wonderful. She is "letting down her hair" as she is tired and ready to let go of the responsibilities of being Queen. That is why her hair is wild and not properly made into a bun. Her crown is in her hands. Is this her Youth Crown or her Wise Crown?



5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Looooove the hair!! It fits her personality perfectly!!

Rhissanna said...

She's looking glorious! I can't wait to see her finished!

Connie said...

I just found your blog, and my what a talent you have. Your queen looks like she is filled with wisdom and your cards and books are mind-blowing. I can tell that you are a busy women, but when you have the time I would love to invite you to my blog. Come visit and see if it is something you might like to follow. Your newest fan and follower, Connie :)

jinxxxygirl said...

Love the face and the hair! Great job! The body and dress seem to be swallowing her up though...??In this photo her hands seem huge. Do you mean for them to be exaggerated that way??? i love that you are taking on this challenge of learning something new. By the time you get it all figured out your going to be a wonderful dollmaker!

Elizabeth Parsons said...

thanks for your comments! the hands are the size of the pattern that was used. I agree- they are big. this doll was a teaching doll in a class setting. I love her!