Friday, March 22, 2013

mixed media - with a scrap twist

 I started with an old 8x10 canvas that I once painted with acrylics. To that I started collaging on torn book pages and tissue paper. I let it dry.
 The I added different pieces of lace, fabrics and stings I had in my stash. I also added some fabric I made to give it lots of texture and depth.

And from there I forgot to take more pictures! I got so involved with the process, I forgot...ah well. I am sort of happy with the result- it's a little over the top... I glued on the flowers, hearts, cherub, shells, bird of happiness, etc and then painted them all with white gesso.I added the photo then of my sweet granddaughter.  Once it dried, I then sprayed with different glimmer mists to create a pastel rainbow effect. I gave it to my daughter yesterday to hang in Gracie's room and she loved it, so that's all that mattered!

I like the technique and might do a second one of my other granddaughter...have to think on that- my other granddaughter is 12 and has definite decorating tastes for her bedroom.

No comments: