Saturday, December 27, 2014

Merry Christmas to All and to All, a Good Night...

Merry Christmas to one and all! I made this little creche this year to remind me of the reason for Christmas.

Having just lost my husband 4 months ago, I have a heavy heart and wasn't up to decorating this year. So I made this little creche and put it on my dining room table with a small light. It was perfect. Just enough for me to remember why we celebrate. Christmas was my late husbands favorite time of year and so that makes this first Christmas without him all the harder.

The creche is made of 3 ATC's that I decorated on both sides and then put together as the triangle. The figures are tiny miniatures i found at Hobby Lobby. I used snow and glitter glue to glue them down. Then I covered a wood block with papers and added the whole thing to a slice of birch to make the stand.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Merry Christmas to you & your family, eBeth. I realize this is a difficult Christmas for you & I hope you know you have friends who think about you often. Your crèche is lovely.
xo
Debbie
===^..^===