Monday, February 9, 2015

mixed media face painting

 
"Live in the sun shine,
swim in the sea"
mixed media on paper
9"x12"
 
I bought a new craft book and I am really enjoying it. It's called:  Drawing and Painting Beautiful Faces, by Jane Davenport. What a fun book! There are great stepped-out photos with easy directions to paint faces using all kinds of media.
 
This is my first face I drew and painted using her book. It's a mermaid and she is underwater. I created it by copying one of her faces in the book and following her directions. Lots of fun using markers, acrylic paint pens, colored pencils, glitter...you name it...it's on here!  If you look close, you will see a crab along with sea horses in her hair among the bubbles and plants.
 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hey eBeth...
It's so nice to see you creating again! Your mermaid is great...I love all the details you've added.
xo
Debbie
===^..^===