Thursday, May 12, 2016

stretching my art muscles

 Face of woman 1 
using Lynn Perella's techniques

 Face of woman 2
using Anne Bagby's techniques

Face of woman 3
using Anne Bagby's techniques

This past weekend I attended a great workshop. I try to go to one a year. This one was fantastic!
The teachers were both amazing artists, Lynn Perella and Anne Bagby.  We all met in Connecticut and spent a wonderful 3 days flinging paint and cutting paper! Can it get better than that?? The workshop was called Marrakesh Destiny. We focused on Moroccan art and design. It was other-worldly, moody and all around amazing.  I met wonderful fellow artists. If you ever get a chance to take a workshop with either of these artists you will love it. I learned a lot and stretched my art muscles, which is always a good thing, Going out of my comfort zone helps me expand my art. It helps me to see my art in a whole new way and wakes up my Muse.  Last night I got out my idea book and the ideas were flowing. I now have a series starting in my idea book. Isn't that the way of art? I feel so blessed to be able to spend my free time as a retiree making my art. Life is good!

No comments: