Tuesday, May 16, 2017

New watercolor sketch book

Sketch book I made
8.5" x 5.5" 

Front of sketch book

Back of sketch book

For many years I have kept journals- for travel, favorite sayings, sketching, painting...all kinds. Recently, I've been thinking I'd like a combo sketch book- one where I can both write and paint. But I was not able to find such a product...so I made my own. :-)

I used the ever beautiful Graphic 45 paper for the cover. This paper is from the "Nature Sketchbook" paper stack- PERFECT! On the inside, I made one signature with alternating writing and painting paper. For the painting paper I used a full sheet of Arches 140# cold press that I cut to size. For the writing paper I used a Strathmore 100# paper Colored Pencil acid free paper. I alternated each piece so when the book was finished, there is a writing paper next to a painting paper. That way I can keep notes, or write descriptions...whatever I choose, next to a painting.  There are 24 pages in all, as I don't like huge painting journals. 

My sketch books are usually one or the other, painting OR writing...so combining them is new for me. I look forward to using my new journal.  Happy Crafting!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

these are beautiful!