Wednesday, May 10, 2017

watercolors and embossing powder



This is old school stamping! But all things come back around, yes? Embossing seems to be back.

To do this, I started with a small piece of watercolor paper. I stamped the poppy image (Heartfelt Creations) using versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder. Then I wet the watercolor paper and sprinkled Brusho watercolor powder around, one color at a time. I used a water filled brush to help things along. Then when as I liked it, I dryed it with a hairdryer- NOT a craft heat tool, as I didn't want to re-melt the embossing powder.  Then I took a piece of 110 pale blue card stock and using a square the new Stampin' Up stitched die set, I cut out the square. (Ill use the stitched square in another card). I used glue to adhere the watercolor paper to the blue card.  

No comments: