Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Urban Sketching class

Dolles, Rehoboth Beach on the boardwalk.
I focused on the sign- a close up.

Sitting in the gazebo on the grounds of the Rehoboth art league. 
This is a bench made from logs. And I was looking at an arbor.

These are just two of several sketches I completed this weekend on my Urban Sketching at the Rehoboth Art League. It was a fun class, 6 + the teacher, Rosemary Connelley.  The idea of Urban Sketching is to record the world around us. Whatever we see- record it...the picture and writing about it- date, time, smells, sounds.  We used pen and ink with watercolor.  Doing this kind of sketching forces you to slow down and observe, something I forget to often do because I get caught up in the minutia of the day. There is more information on this worldwide movement here.

No comments: