Thursday, January 18, 2018

making your own backgrounds



     I watched a video over at Hearfelt Creations about making your own backgrounds and then made my own. I really enjoyed the process and was happy to use my stamps in a new way. First I stamped an overall random background using an hombre green ink. Then I used a dauber to add pink Distress inks, Worn Lipstick and Victorian Velvet Pink. Once dry, I added small Distress Rock Candy glitter to the leaf areas and larger glass glitter to the flowers area, giving an overall beautiful sparkle. I also used Glossy Accents for the flowers for extra shine. (the bottom picture is my attempt to show you the glitter- it just does not show up well in photos!)
     When all was dry, I embellished with die cuts and flowers. The top card also has some pretty pink organza ribbon. I ended with some crystal sequins. I wish you could see the glittery effect, so pretty!
     The flowers are Prima flowers from the Wild and Free collection.
Happy Crafting!


No comments: