Saturday, June 16, 2018

back to my roots...

click image to enlarge
in my art journal
3.5" x 5.5"

Lately I've been doing a lot of experimental playing with my art supplies. Inevitably I go back to mixed media collage at these times, my roots, so to speak. But it has evolved. I used to make my collages dark and moody. I loved them, but these days, I am all about COLOR. My experiments are bold, colorful and happy. Maybe this is a reflection of my interior voice. I am happy. I feel very settled here at the beach. My life is my dream come true. Someday when I am an old(er) woman, I know I will need help and will probably move back up closer to my daughters. But for now, I am living the life I imagined. What an honor and a privilege. 

1 comment:

Kelly McIntyre said...

Nah...I see a group of us consolidating our assets, buying a group home and staffing it with a cook and house cleaner...bunch of rockers facing the water and a HUGE craft room! xoxo