Sunday, July 29, 2018

summertime = family time = no crafting time

I live near the ocean. That means I get a lot of summer visitors. I love it, but I don't get much crafting done in the summer because of the company. And that makes me all the more grateful for summers end and more time to craft. There is a season for all things. Summer, for me, is visits from family and friends. I wouldn't want it any other way.

This card is an older one I made for my granddaughter. She loves mermaids, (who doesn't love mermaids?)  The stamp set is from My Favorite Things and is called Mermazing. I think it is adorable. It always astounds me how my 'cute factor' rose dramatically when I had grandkids. I would never buy cute stamps before they came along. Now, I seem to gravitate to them. 

The background was made using distress oxide inks and a stencil. I was experimenting with different water backgrounds. First I used a sponge and added the base colors and then used the stencil to add the greens. One of many ways to make a water background.

Happy Crafting!


No comments: