Sunday, July 22, 2018

Summertime is family time!

I live near the beach in Delaware. It's where I took my children as they grew up so they feel the same connection to this area as I do so I get a lot of family visits over the summer. I retired here and love living here. That means I don't craft as much in the summer months.

Yesterday was a rainy day (flooding!) and my granddaughter is here with me for the week. So we did some paper crafting together. She is 6 and very eager to learn anything. I showed her how to use a die cut machine and cut out her own flowers. She stamped them, shaped them and then glued them all together. In the photo she is adding glitter to her flowers, as one can never have too much glitter. The next generation of crafters! We did water coloring the day before and she painted a card. This little flower piece will be added to her watercolor card. She is excited to give it to her mommy.

Next week her parents are coming, then my niece and her family. Then my daughter and her sister in law and all of the kids. Then a friend, and another friend. So that brings me to September before I will get back to crafting. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Happy Crafting!


No comments: