Friday, June 13, 2008

rusty things

What is it about rusty old things that gets me? I love rust, peeling paint, weathered wood...I think it's the history, the story behind the rust and peeling paint. Each tells part of a long story of something that was once shiny, new and cared for.

Yesterday I went to a train museum with my husband. I've never been to a train museum before, so I didn't know what to expect. I was so intrigued by all the old rusty trains that my husband ended up sitting down and waiting for me while I roamed around and took shot after shot of rust...sweet man, he does understand me :) And he is the train buff!

Here are a few pictures I took:










"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real." ~ the Velveteen Rabbit

No comments: