Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Story Collage # 1


I've decided to start a new collage series. I'd like to say I will do one of these each day, but as I am planning my daughter's wedding, something tells me I won't be able to do one EVERYDAY...lets say...almost daily collage? Not quite daily collage? Whatever...
I'll call them "STORY COLLAGES"
This series is a departure for me as I plan to make these somewhat caustic, uncomfortable, out-of-the-realm-of-whimsical. I want to make stories...weird little not necessarily upbeat stories. My hope is that something is stirred up inside as one looks at them- or a story jumps to mind in one's head...your story, your ending...
Art is not only to decorate- Art is also to create conflict, tension, make a statement.
My usual art is mostly decorative. So on with my little adventure...

This first one I already posted in an unfinished form. I knew when I posted it last week it was not finished...i needed to let it percolate some. Here is the finished version.



happy mother, 4" x 4"
(click to enlarge)

Click Paypal button below to purchase:





(Shipping outside of US will be higher - I will email you with cost difference after you purchase through paypal- thanks!)

No comments: