I am pleased with my first attempt to make a paper clay doll. I made a little dress for her. It's a simple dress- I realized that I really couldn't make a set-in sleeve or even a raglan sleeve on the dress because my doll doesn't have shoulders. So I made a simple dress with a halter like feature that holds up the dress. I used two fabrics for her dress- the under slip is vintage lace that I tea dyed. The dress is a pink brocade/lace like material that I also tea dyed. I then added tiny mauve pink seed beads to give her a little bling.
This weekend I am getting together with a group of doll artists for a weekend of doll crafting. Can't wait!! One doll artist will be teaching us how to make a mermaid armature paper clay doll and I'll also be showing the group how I make my assemblage dolls. Should be a wonderful crafting time!
I'll take lots of pictures to post.