Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fiddle + Watercolor = MUD

black eyed susan
watercolor on Fabrino HP
click to enlarge
I usually paint in twos. I am a little impatient when I paint and that tends to work against watercolor painting. Paint needs time to dry. And we've all heard: 'it's as exciting as as watching paint dry'

When I paint in twos- while one is drying, I go to the other painting and work on it. This is usually enough time for the other one to dry. Then I go back to the other. It works for me. Other wise. I start to fiddle. Fiddle + Watercolor = MUD. And mud is bad.

Here is the other small painting I did yesterday. Again, not a masterpiece but I sure enjoyed painting!

4 comments:

Ophelia said...

This is awesome! Really awesome!

Joyce at Calico Paint said...

I've heard/seen that advice -- work on two things at once. It works for me. Your watercolors are great. You are getting your mojo back.... Keep it up.

marry said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
_____________________________

Dissertation Proposal

Nicole Austin said...

hi elizabeth! i like your painting! i like to work on many projects at a time, also, for the same reasons! :) thank you for your kind comments on my blog. my little one keeps me on my toes! :) i like your etsy shop, too! :)

nicole