Monday, July 12, 2010

what to do, what to do...

I am in one of my art funks. I KNOW this will pass. Every time I and up here, I have a tiny fear that it is permanent. I just spent the week at the beach with family and I didn't do any drawing or painting...so unusual. Now I am home and I have not even unpacked my art supplies I packed for the trip.

Today it occurred to me that this is a great time to re-watch art videos I own. I have several that are wonderful workshop type how-to videos. I always enjoy watching them and it's been a good long while since I've watched them.

Big transition on the home front...my husband has taken early retirement! He is only 56, but he was offered a buyout that was just too good to not take. It was sort of sudden and now he is home full time...hmmm....as much as I love this man, I am feeling a little like "Hey wait a minute- you need to go to work today!"

"Life is what happens while we are making other plans" comes to mind just now...

1 comment:

Kelly McIntyre said...

You are welcome on my porch anytime!!